Accomplished, Attorney with over 15 years of experience in Real Estate law. Demonstrated success serving as in-house counsel, providing expertise on legal matters related to real estate and negotiating favorable terms on behalf of clients.
Significant experience preparing and drafting a variety of legal documents, including leases, deeds, and licensing agreements. Diligently serving to protect legal interests. Excel at developing and maintaining professional relationships with business partners and colleagues at all levels.
· Drafting and Preparing Legal Agreements
· Managing Outside Counsel
· In-house Legal Experience
· Real Estate Law
· Reviewing Outside Documents
U.S. Cellular, Chicago, Illinois
Real Estate Attorney, 07/1999 – Present
Oversee and approve legal invoices from outside counsel. Attend meetings and serve in advisory capacity. Review, draft, and revise leases, amendments, easements, estoppels, and SNDAs. Analyze title, survey, Phase I and II reports, and other due diligence documentation. Oversee litigation on real estate matters. Collaborate with senior management regarding retail leasing, leasing managers, construction and design team managers, project managers, directors, senior directors, and engineering executives.
- Negotiated 14 master-lease agreements and license agreements with tower companies and other cell carriers, saving the company time and money in building plans.
- Earned U.S. Cellular WOW Award for timely reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and negotiated leases and amendments; obtained bonds and certificates of insurance.
- Received Green Belt Award in Six Sigma in recognition of leadership and successful implementation of two projects, the Legal Bill Payment Process and Title Process Revision, which standardized company processes and saved the company $350K in the first year.
- Awarded Key Leader Equity Award, given annually to the top 10% of U.S. Cellular top performing employees.
Addison township, DuPage County, Addison, Illinois
Trustee, 02/2007 – Present
Partner with three other trustees for budgetary oversight. Attend monthly board meetings. Serve as an elected official.
- Oversee budget of over $5M.
Addison Township, DuPage County, Trustee, Addison, Illinois
Barbara D. Klein and Associates, Associate, Chicago, Illinois
Self-Employed, Attorney, South Holland, Illinois
McBride, Baker and Coles, Law Clerk, Chicago, Illinois
Shaheen, Lundberg, Callahan, and Orr, Law Clerk, Chicago, Illinois
Goldberg and Goldberg, Law Clerk, Chicago, Illinois
American Chambers Life, Communications Clerk, Lombard, Illinois
Mutual of Omaha, Representative, Des Plaines, Illinois
Education and Credentials
State of Illinois
Chicago – Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology – Chicago, Illinois
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Eastern Illinois University – Charleston, Illinois
Chicago Bar Association Real Property Committee
Construction Law and Mechanics Lien Subcommittee